Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cory Doctorow vs. George Orwell

My second paper topic for this class is going to deal with Cory Doctorow's Little Brother. While reading Little Brother, I kept thinking back to George Orwell's 1984. I noticed that Doctorow's novel has heavy influences by George Orwell including the title itself. But I saw that the more obvious example of 1984 was not the only George Orwell novel that influenced this book. I saw that Orwell's Animal Farm was also influential in the book. Animal Farm discusses the revolution seen in Doctorow's novel.

Topic: Explore the influences of George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm in Cory Doctorow's Little Brother.

1 comment:

John Harris said...

There are some blatant connections to 1984, but I hadn't thought about the Animal Farm influences. Should be good.