- Jeffrey Ford, The Shadow Year (2008)
- Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book (2008)
- Joe Hill, Heart-Shaped Box (2007)
- Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House (1959)
- Stephen King, Under the Dome (2009)
- Kelly Link, Pretty Monsters (2008)
- Peter Straub, American Fantastic Tales: Terror and the Uncanny from Poe to Now (2 vols., 2009)
- Sarah Waters, The Little Stranger (2009)
I'd like to wedge Terry Pratchett's new Tiffany Aching novel onto the syllabus, too, but I'd hate to do that without the previous three T.A. novels as well ... and there's only so much room. Grumble, gnash, grind.
Please help spread the word to those who might be interested.