Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sharktopus

One of the things I like about Syfy is that is doesn't take itself that seriously. This is a station that plays some of the hokiest movies ever, and also professional wrestling. I think I've spent whole weekends watching their original movies.
The newest SyFy original, Sharktopus, aired this weekend, and I missed it. For those who don't know what it is, I've linked the trailer in the title (fair warning: it's so great it could cause temporary blindness). It combines two of my favorite things: large, arbitrarily violent predators and late nineties computer effects. Did anyone happen to see it? Is it as wonderful as I think it is?

1 comment:

Tristram said...

The music in the makes me chuckle, as does the entire commercial. Somehow I feel the theme song belongs as the intro to a 1970's cartoon series. It also reminded me of another recent syfi film Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.