Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Of Dragons and Vampires

So I don't know how many others are going, but this weekend is Dragon*Con in Atlanta. I figured it was worth mentioning because Cherie Priest, the author of Boneshaker, will be attending this year's event. If anyone is a fan of her work, or has questions about Boneshaker this would be a great oppurtunity to get to question the author. They are also doing a science fiction and literature track held by other current science fiction and fantasy authors.
On another note, I was playing random songs on my media player, and ran across a song with sci fi and fantasy influences. It's Forsaken by the band Dream Theater about a guy who comes in contact with a vampire. This song is interesting because if you don't pay close attention to the lyrics it seems like a typical rock song. I have the link to the music video in the title of the blog.

No comments: